Cedar Point said Friday that "Big News" will be announced by the park on Tuesday.
Speculation has been rampant about the Sandusky park’s plans for 2015.
The most-discussed possibilities include:
• The park has yet to announce plans to honor its pledge to name a roller coaster after Akron’s LeBron James now that he has rejoined the Cleveland Cavaliers.
• Amusement park enthusiasts have long suspected Cedar Point will add a dark ride to its line-up.
• Improvements or a complete redo of the underachieving Mean Streak wooden roller coaster.
• Eliminating the stand-up cars on the Mantis and replacing them with a new type of ride system.
• A new flat ride and other improvements to increase foot traffic to the Blue Streak Midway.
• An overhaul of the Kiddie Kingdom area of the park.
• A werewolf themed coaster or dark ride or indoor coaster.
Cedar Point public relations manager Bryan Edwards ended the speculation about the announcement date when he tweeted: "Big news coming from the "Roller Coaster Capital of the World" this coming Tuesday. Stay tuned. #Secret"
Tony Clark, the park's director of communications, also chimed via twitter that "the management team has given me clearance to tell you there will be a major announcement on 9/2 at high noon."