The early arrivers will be able to snag some nifty free souvenirs today as Cedar Point marks its "Ride Anniversary Day" with a couple of events.
The celebration will kick off in the plaza by the Blue Streak roller coaster that is marking its 50th anniversary this summer.
A reunion of Blue Streak crew members and park officials will gather at the ride at 10:30 a.m. to hand out free cake and cupcakes along with free commemorative T-shirts and Blue Streak anniversary drink tumblers.
Beginning at 11 a.m., the ride anniversary celebration continues as the first 500 guests on the Blue Streak, Raptor, Magnum XL-200 and Cedar Creek Mine Ride will receive a free commemorative anniversary pin.
The pins, which are unique to each ride, will be given out as riders exit each ride starting at 11 a.m. There is a limit of one pin per rider.
The rides and attractions celebrating milestones this year include:
• Raptor, opened in 1994, is celebrating its 20th anniversary
• Cedar Creek Mine Ride, opened in 1969, is celebrating its 45th anniversary
• Magnum XL-200, opened in 1989, is celebrating its 25th anniversary
• Camp Snoopy, opened in 1999, is celebrating its 15th anniversary
• Blue Streak, the park’s oldest coaster, opened in 1964, is celebrating its 50th anniversary