Aeros Notes for Thursday, April 21st:
* Akron (7-7) hosts Reading (9-4) in a three-game series beginning tonight at Canal Park at 7:05 pm.
* Recently promoted from high Class-A Kinston, LHP T.J. MCFARLAND is slated to make his first appearance for the Aeros (second overall after pitching four innings in one appearances last year) against Phillies RHP CHRIS KISSOCK (0-1, 7.00 ERA).
* The Aeros lost the first series against Reading this year, one game to three at Reading, April 14-17.
Yesterday, the Aers lost the finale of a three-game series, 3-0, to host Bowie at Prince George’s Stadium. RHP AUSTIN ADAMS was the tough-luck loser, limiting the Baysox to an unearned run on four hits while striking out seven over 4 2/3 innings,.
* Probable Aeros pitching rotation for the remainder of the series: Friday LHP MATT PACKER (0-1, 5.91 ERA) and Saturday LHP KELVIN DE LA CRUZ (1-2, 1.80 ERA). After enjoying their first scheduled off day Sunday, Aeros ADAMS (1-1, 2.30 ERA) will start a four-game series against visiting Bowie.
MORE TEAM NOTES:
* DE LA CRUZ is tied for the Eastern League leader in strikeouts with 21 and has a 1.80 ERA. He has given up three earned runs on nine hits and eight walks in 15 innings so far this season.
* SS JUAN DIAZ is the only player in the Eastern League with two triples.
* LHP NICK HAGADONE has made four relief appearances in which he's pitched 8 2/3 scoreless innings. He has scattered five hits and struck out 10 without allowing a single walk - his main nemesis last season.
* OF JOHN DRENNEN had his seven-game hit streak come to an end in yesterday's 3-0 shutout at Bowie. But he's still batting .300 (12-for-40) with three home runs, a team-leading eight RBI (most on the club) and an on-base percentage of .429 that ranks fifth best in the league.