Thought I'd start with a Sarah Palin quote to get Democrat hearts pumping a bit faster. Consider it cardio for liberals.
Quote Of The Month: "In Washington, D.C., America is witnessing one of the grossest spectacles of fiscal incompetency, coupled with denial, ever perpetrated by a political party. And that's the Republicans. Democrats have made it clear that they will accept nothing less than the destruction of the republic, if that's what it takes to prove progressivism is 'successful.' Over the top? Consider this: the highest cut in the federal budget proposed by the Irresponsible Republicans is $61 billion. The Democrat Destroyers say such a cut is way over the top. Last month, in 28 days, our government spent $223 billion of money we don't have. That's nearly four times more than the cuts proposed by the Irresponsibles, every one of which will be fought tooth and nail by the Destroyers. Any questions? I have one. At what point does this eyes-wide-open effort to bankrupt America reach the boiling point with the American public? If someone came into your house and 'borrowed' a little over seven hundred bucks -- per family member -- I bet most Americans would be pretty upset. Well try dividing $233 billion in borrowed money by 300 million Americans, and guess what: that's precisely what the Obama administration added to every citizen's share of the debt -- in one month." --columnist Arnold Ahlert
Welcome To Europe: Liberals hate it when I talk about excessive government spending and debt. The reason for this is, liberals are socialists who believe it's the more the merrier when it comes to government spending. Liberals are all for spending because they view the government as the great and powerful wealth redistributor. To liberals, the government is their own personal ATM. Liberals put in their ATM credit card (because the debit card was wiped out long ago), and taxpayer cash comes out. That's why liberals should love this news - According to the U.S. National Debt Clock, the government (federal, state, and local combined) is now spending 46.23% of our entire Gross Domestic Product (GDP). That means nearly half of all economic activity taking place in this country goes to our
Just wondering: What happened to the American anti-war movement ? The anti-war roar has turned into a whimper since The One became President. That leads me to wonder - was it really an anti-war movement, or was it just an anti-Bush movement ?
Promise Keeper: Remember those heady summer days of 2008 when The One waved his magic Obama wand and dropped all those beautiful campaign promises on us by the bushel full ? Ah, those were the days, my friend. Liberals thought they'd never end.
And then Barry became President. I'd like to take this occasion, the celebration of Obama's 61st golf outing as a wartime President, to review some of those promises, from the left-leaning Politifact.
- Obama promised to close Guantanamo Bay within a year. Didn't happen.
- Obama promised to repeal the Bush tax cuts for higher incomes. Didn't happen, even though the Democrats had complete control of Congress for the first two years of Obama's presidency.
- Obama promised to allow the American public to view bills on a website for five days before he would sign them. Didn't happen.
- Obama promised to allow the importation of less expensive prescription drugs. Didn't happen. ObamaCare forbids it.
- Obama promised to eliminate no-bid contracts over $25,000. Didn't happen.
- Obama promised to increase capital gains and dividend taxes on high earners. Didn't happen.
- Obama promised to end the income tax for seniors making less than $50,000 per year. Didn't happen.
- Obama promised to phaseout tax exemptions and deduction for high earners. Didn't happen.
- Obama promised to forbid companies in bankruptcy from giving out executive bonuses. Didn't happen.
- Obama promised to allow workers to claim more in unpaid wages and benefits in bankruptcy court. Didn't happen.
- Obama promised to give preferential treatment for federal contracts to businesses owned by people with disabilities. Didn't happen.
- Obama promised to double the size of the Peace Corps by 2011. Not happening.
- Obama promised to create a centralized database of ethics reports, lobbying efforts, and campaign finance filings on the internet. Didn't happen.
- Obama promised to implement tougher rules against lobbyists working in his administration. Didn't happen.
- Obama promised to double funding for afterschool programs. Didn't happen.
- Obama promised to pay for his national service plan without increasing the deficit. Didn't happen. His national service bill included no budget offsets or new taxes.
- Obama promised to give an annual "State Of The World" address. Didn't happen.
- Obama promised to reduce earmarks to 1994 levels. Didn't happen.
- Obama promised to implement a cap-and-trade system to reduce global warming. Didn't happen....thank god.
- Obama promised to convert the entire White House fleet of vehicles to plug-ins within one year. Didn't happen.
- Obama promised to produce an annual report on the "state of our energy future". Didn't happen.
- Obama promised to allow penalty-free hardship withdrawals from retirement accounts in 2008 and 2009. Didn't happen.
- Obama promised that no family making less than $250,000 will see "any form of tax increase". Promise broken with ObamaCare, the cigarette tax, the tanning bed tax.
- Obama promised to introduce a comprensive bill on immigration in his first year. Didn't happen.
There are many, many other broken Obama promises. I doubt I could fit them all into one post without the post becoming book-length, but this should give you an idea about Obama. He was willing to say virtually anything to get elected President. He is a master at telling people what they want to hear. No presidential candidate ever made as many campaign promises as Obama did (unlike Obama, most candidates have some limit to their megalomania and equivocation). I remember going to see him speak at Youngstown State University in 2008, and his largest ovation came when he said he was going to renegotiate NAFTA. Obama knew that was exactly what blue collar Youngstown wanted to hear, exactly what Northeastern Ohio wanted to hear, but he forgot all about it the minute he left the area. He never had any intention of holding to that promise. Obama is a politician in the worst respect. Many of his words are just that, words. They sound good, but they don't mean anything. They are designed solely to get votes.
A Day In The Life: If you want to know what the President is up to today...at 2:55pm he is accepting an award from "a coalition of good government groups and transparency advocates to recognize ‘his deep commitment to an open and transparent government—of, by, and for the people.” I don't know what this "coalition of good government groups" is smoking, but Obama takes efforts to hide what his administration is up to. He's not transparent. For example, his minions hold meetings with lobbyists off of White House grounds so there will be no record of them. The Obama administration has also refused more than one-third of Freedom Of Information Act (FOIA) requests. Transparency, my aunt fanny.
At 5:00pm today, Obama will speak at a fundraiser being held by the Democratic National Committee (DNC). This is where Obama literally earns his money. Maybe he can make a bunch more promises he doesn't intend to keep to those DNC folks. P.T. Barnum sure had it pegged.
About This Blog