If you listen to the liberal media or the mainstream media (pardon my redundancy), you probably know that the Tea Party movement consists of the six 'R's - Racist Radical Retarded Redneck Revolutionary Rubes. You know the Tea Party movement hates Obama because he is black, and that the Tea Partiers sit around all day cleaning their guns in anticipation of the violent overthrow of the government. You know those crazed Tea Party nuts are hate-filled, foaming-at-the-mouth, illiterate morons who can barely speak in full sentences. You are probably surprised they don't walk on all fours...if you listen to our esteemed media.
Now I'd like to show you a list of twenty policy proposals that the Tea Party people have chosen to vote upon among themselves, to either approve or disapprove. Wait until you get a load of the far-out, loony, and subversive ideas these extremists have cooked up out of their fevered minds. Here they are:
- Amending the constitution to require a balanced budget and a two-thirds majority for any tax hike.
- Permanently repealing all tax hikes scheduled to begin in 2011.
- Requiring every bill in Congress to be made public seven days before any vote can be taken and all government expenditures authorized by any bill to be easily accessible on the Internet before the money is spent.
- Requiring each bill to identify the specific provision of the Constitution that gives Congress the power to do what the bill does.
- Permitting all health insurance plans to be sold anywhere in the United States through the purchase of insurance across state lines. Allow small businesses and associations to pool together across state lines to buy insurance.
- Adopting a simple and fair single-rate tax system by scrapping the internal revenue code and “replacing it with one that is no longer than 4,543 words — the length of the original Constitution.”
- Imposing a statutory cap limiting the annual growth in total federal spending to the sum of inflation rate plus the percentage of population growth.
- Allowing Americans to opt out of Social Security and Medicare and instead put those same payroll taxes in a personal account “they own, control and can leave to whomever they choose.”
- Preventing any regulation or tax on the Internet.
- Improving education by eliminating ineffective and wasteful programs, giving parents more choices from pre-school to high school and improving the affordability of higher education.
- Authorizing the exploration of proven energy reserves to reduce our dependence on foreign energy sources from unstable countries and reduce regulatory barriers to all other forms of energy creation, lowering prices and creating competition.
- Prohibiting the Federal Communications Commission from using funds to reinstate the Fairness Doctrine.
- Creating a Blue Ribbon task force that engages in a complete audit of federal agencies and programs.
- Blocking state and local governments that receive federal grants from exercising eminent domain over private property for the primary purpose of economic development or enhancement of tax revenues.
- Preventing the EPA from implementing costly new regulations.
- Placing a moratorium on all earmarks until the process is fully transparent. Also requiring a two-thirds majority to pass any earmark.
- Making all lawmaking regulators, including presidential appointed czars, be affirmatively approved by Congress and signed into law by the president.
- Audit the Federal Reserve System.
- Making sure the federal government does not bail out private companies. The government should also immediately divest itself of its stake in the private companies it owns from recent bailouts.
- Amending the constitution to require congressional term limits. No person shall be elected to the Senate more than twice or to the House of Representatives more than four times.
- Making all regulations “sunset” after 10 years unless renewed by congressional vote.
- Broadcasting all non-security meetings and votes on C-SPAN and the Intern
Aren't all those ideas just insan.....er, wait a sec. Most of those ideas actually sound pretty good to me. Very rational. Hmmm. What's going on here ? I don't see a crazy idea in the bunch. This is very confusing. These policy proposals from the Tea Party movement don't sound anything at all like the kinds of nutty stuff I expected from listening to the media condemn the raving Teabaggers all this time. I didn't see anything about Obama's birth certificate, or death panels, or allowing citizens to own tanks and rocket launchers, or any white supremacist stuff...Weird, huh ?
Gee, if I didn't know better, I'd think the media might be lying.
About This Blog