About This Blog
I hate to get into this kind of tit-for-tat comparison of recent politically-connected violence, but I feel I must do it, due to some myths floating around the media about alleged right-wing violence. I'm not saying there is no right-wing violence, because extremists can pop up anywhere on the politiical spectrum, but because our media offers absolutely NO balance in this area, and focuses almost solely on the political right while barely even reporting violence on the left (and usually whitewashing it when they do report it), I feel I must provide some of that balance here. Also spurring this post is the mass hysteria that seems to be taking place in left-wing circles since the Tucson shootings.
Here's a quick reminder of some recent left-wing political violence and intimidation:
- It was not the fear of conservative violence that caused Ann Coulter’s speech at the University of Ottawa to be cancelled.
- It was a liberal who bit the finger off a man who disagreed with him on healthcare.
- It was Obama-loving Amy Bishop who took a gun to work and murdered co-workers.
- Joseph Stack flew his plane into the IRS building after writing an anti-conservative, anti-capitalist manifesto that quoted Karl Marx.
- It was liberals who destroyed AM radio towers outside of Seattle.
- It’s liberals who burn down Hummer dealerships.
- It was progressive SEIU union thugs who beat a black conservative man who spoke his mind.
- It’s doubtful that a conservative fired shots into a GOP campaign headquarters.
- In fact, Democrats have no monopoly on having their offices vandalized.
- Don’t forget it was Obama’s friend Bill Ayers who used terrorism as a tool for political change. SDS is still radical, with arrests in 2007 and the storming of the CATO Institute in July 2008.
- It was a liberal who was sentenced to two years for bringing bombs and riot shields to the Republican National Convention in 2008.
- It was a liberal who threatened to kill a government informant who infiltrated her Austin-based group that planned to bomb the RNC.
- It was liberals who assaulted police in Berkeley.
- It was liberals who intimidated and threw rocks through the windows of researchers.
- The two Black Panthers who stood outside polls intimidating people with nightsticks were probably not right-wingers.
- Every time the G20 gets together, it’s not conservatives who destroy property and cause chaos.
The above list is by no means complete, but all this stuff happened over the last one to three years, though you probably don't even know about half of it, because the media doesn't bother to report it. For much more, see Michelle Malkin's Progressive Climate Of Hate: An Illustrated Primer, 2000-2010.
In light of all this left-wing craziness, have you EVER heard the media openly worry about left-wing violence or left-wing speech in this country ? Have you ever heard them ask the left to tone it down ? I haven't, yet the overwhelming majority of politiical violence, riots, and protests in this country have come from the left during my lifetime. It's not even a close call. Now, all of a sudden we have right-wingers protesting for the first time I can remember (except for the pro-lifers) with the Tea Party movement, and half the media is acting like this is Germany in the 1930's. They have my poor blogger friend the Reverend so frightened that he thinks a second Civil War is about to break out, slavery will be reinstituted, we'll become a theological corporate dictatorship led by Goldman Sachs, and we'll use poor people for food (okay, maybe not that last one. I dont want to give people the impression that the Reverend is an extremist).
Let's also not forget that the EVIDENCE regarding Jared Loughner points a lot more to him being a lefty than a righty. It seems all of liberaldom has forgotten that in their mad rush to find a reason to blame the Tucson shootings on right-wingers. Even though I am not a lefty, it is my genuine hope that they return to sanity soon, because currently, they sound like a bunch of irrational nutjobs.
- 2013 (55)
- 2012 (125)
- 2011 (167)
- 2010 (185)
- 2009 (228)
- 2008 (195)
- 2007 (72)