About This Blog
A left-wing enviro-nut armed with a gun and metal canisters looking like bombs strapped to his chest entered the Discovery Channel headquarters outside Washington D.C. yesterday. The gunman, James J. Lee, took three hostages, and was eventually killed by the police. Fortunately, nobody else was hurt.
Lee was mad at the Discovery Channel because he felt Discovery wasn't featuring enough left-wing enviro-nut programming. He was a regular protester of Discovery, and following a 2008 arrest for disorderly conduct, Lee said he was "awakened" to his true enviro-nut calling after watching Al Gore's global warming scare film "An Inconvenient Truth," (which is filled with inaccuracies, btw).
Mr. Lee has a manifesto published on the internet. The news media has been categorizing his beliefs as radical, but to me they sound like standard lefty schlock that you might hear promoted by educated liberal elitists on college campuses. The only difference is that the educated liberal elitists aren't as direct in their lunacy as Lee. They use more esoteric rhetoric. Lee's beliefs are a litany of the beliefs of the left, as follows:
- Focus must be given on how people can live WITHOUT giving birth to more filthy human children since those new additions continue pollution and are pollution. A game show format contest would be in order. Perhaps also forums of leading scientists who understand and agree with the Malthus-Darwin science and the problem of human overpopulation. Do both. Do all until something WORKS and the natural world starts improving and human civilization building STOPS and is reversed!
- All programs on Discovery Health-TLC must stop encouraging the birth of any more parasitic human infants and the false heroics behind those actions. In those programs' places, programs encouraging human sterilization and infertility must be pushed
- All programs promoting War and the technology behind those must cease. There is no sense in advertising weapons of mass-destruction anymore. Instead, talk about ways to disassemble civilization and concentrate the message in finding SOLUTIONS to solving global military mechanized conflict. Again, solutions solutions instead of just repeating the same old wars with newer weapons.
Anti-religion, Anti-oil, anti-expansion of civilization:
- Civilization must be exposed for the filth it is. That, and all its disgusting religious-cultural roots and greed. Broadcast this message until the pollution in the planet is reversed and the human population goes down! This is your obligation. If you think it isn't, then get hell off the planet! Breathe Oil! It is the moral obligation of everyone living otherwise what good are they??
- Develop shows that will correct and dismantle the dangerous US world economy. Find solutions for their disasterous Ponzi-Casino economy before they take the world to another nuclear war.
Humans are wrecking the planet:
- Humans are the most destructive, filthy, pollutive creatures around and are wrecking what's left of the planet with their false morals and breeding culture.
Save the wildlife:
- Saving the environment and the remaning species diversity of the planet is now your mindset. Nothing is more important than saving them. The Lions, Tigers, Giraffes, Elephants, Froggies, Turtles, Apes, Raccoons, Beetles, Ants, Sharks, Bears, and, of course, the Squirrels.
Well, yes, OF COURSE, the squirrels. That goes without saying.
But humans are dispensable:
- The humans? The planet does not need humans. You MUST KNOW the human population is behind all the pollution and problems in the world
Anti.....food ? Okay, these may be a bit extreme even for the left:
- Develop shows that mention the Malthusian sciences about how food production leads to the overpopulation of the Human race. Talk about Evolution. Talk about Malthus and Darwin until it sinks into the stupid people's brains until they get it!!
- All human procreation and farming must cease!
Except for that last bit about 'farming must cease,' I find Lee's beliefs entirely in the mainstream of lefty thought. There is one part in Lee's manifesto where he rails against immigration as part of his overall anti-human creed, which leads me to wonder whether MSNBC and Media Matters are calling Lee a right-wing extremist inspired by Sarah Palin and the Tea Party movement. I haven't bothered to check.
As for the title of this post, I really DON'T blame Al Gore. My title was just a shot at my demented blogger counterpart, the Reverend at the Blog Of Mass Destruction. The Reverend recently blamed a Sarah Palin tweet about the Ground Zero mosque for a protest against a mosque being built in Murfreesboro, Tennessee. He called his nutty post, 'What Palin Has Wrought,' even though Palin had nothing to do with the Murfreesboro protest and had not commented on it. I figured turnabout was fair play, though I can't truly blame Al Gore for the actions of a nut. Unlike the left, I can't be so disingenuous and still live with myself. I believe in free speech.
The title of my post is also a shot at all the left-wing media in this country that has intentionally and falsely stirred up fears of right-wing violence in this country over the Tea Party movement. My friend the Reverend's over-top lunacy doesn't really originate from him. It originates with the propaganda he laps up on the internet.
Al Gore is free to say what he wants without being blamed for the actions of a nutball like James J. Lee. What the left needs to learn is...Glenn Beck, Fox News, etc. have that same freedom of speech without being blamed for the actions of any nut who might be listening to their broadcasts. Thus far, the left has not learned the lesson. Not even close.
On the bright side, James J. Lee got his wish. He wanted less humans on the planet, and now that the police have taken him out, there is one less. Mission accomplished, Mr. Lee.
P.S. - Has ANY mainstream media outlet called Lee a "left-wing" radical yet ? The media never fails to use the term "right-wing" or "conservative" whenever possible, so it'll be interesting to observe.