Last week, I posted my first mock draft of the year and asked you, the readers, to send me your predictions. Steve Powell of Chillicothe, Ohio, submitted the mock draft posted below. You, too, can have your mock draft published. Just e-mail your predictions for the top-10 picks to email@example.com, and explain why you think the Browns will take a specific route. I'll continue to post the best submissions on this blog.
1. Carolina Panthers -- Auburn QB Cam Newton
2. Denver Broncos -- Alabama DT Marcell Dareus
3. Buffalo Bills -- Texas A&M LB Von Miller
4. Cincinnati Bengals -- Alabama WR Julio Jones
5. Arizona Cardinals -- Missouri QB Blaine Gabbert
6. Browns -- LSU CB Patrick Peterson
Explanation: Given reports of (Browns General Manager Tom) Heckert's draft strategy, combined with the possibility of having two shutdown corners in a pass-happy league, they can't pass Peterson up! There are too many questions about (Clemson defensive end Da'Quan) Bowers' knee, and on top of that, defensive linemen bust more often than they end up meeting expectations!!! Yes, I am passing on A.J. Green! I do believe he is the best wide receiver in this class, but we already have a group of young receivers on this team, and we can get a (receiver like Miami's) Leonard Hankerson in the second (round), early third!!!
7. San Francisco 49ers -- Georgia WR A.J. Green
8. Tennessee Titans -- Auburn DT Nick Fairley
9. Dallas Cowboys -- Nebraska CB Prince Amukamara
10. Washington Redskins -- Wisconsin DE J.J. Watt