Last week, I posted my second mock draft of the year and asked you, the readers, to send me your predictions. Nick Tagg of Mayfield Heights, Ohio, submitted the mock draft posted below. You, too, can have your mock draft published. Just e-mail your predictions for the top-10 picks to firstname.lastname@example.org, and explain why you think the Browns will take a specific route. I'll continue to post the best submissions on this blog.
Nick Tagg's mock draft 2.0:
1. Carolina Panthers — Auburn QB Cam Newton
2. Denver Broncos — Alabama DT Marcell Dareus
3. Buffalo Bills — Texas A&M LB Von Miller
4. Cincinnati Bengals — Georgia WR A.J. Green
5. Arizona Cardinals — Missouri QB Blaine Gabbert
6. Browns — LSU CB Patrick Peterson
Explanation: The Browns' division, as well as the AFC as a whole, is loaded with quality wide receivers. Peterson and Browns cornerback Joe Haden would make a nice combo for many years. Peterson is a good tackler, so both sides of the field would have solid tackling corners, if plays get to the outside. Peterson would be a good, physical, press-cover corner who could complement Haden's cover and recover skills.
7. San Francisco 49ers — Nebraska CB Prince Amukamara
8. Tennessee Titans — Auburn DT Nick Fairley
9. Dallas Cowboys — Southern California OL Tyron Smith
10. Washington Redskins — Alabama WR Julio Jones