Last week, I posted my second mock draft of the year and asked you, the readers, to send me your predictions. Well, we have another reader submission, this time from Joe Wirth of Wooster, Ohio. Remember, you can have your mock draft published, too. Just e-mail your predictions for the top-10 picks to firstname.lastname@example.org, and explain why you think the Browns will take a specific route. I'll continue to post the best submissions on this blog.
Joe Wirth's mock draft 2.0:
1. Carolina Panthers — Auburn QB Cam Newton
2. Denver Broncos — Alabama DT Marcell Dareus
3. Buffalo Bills — Texas A&M LB Von Miller
4. Cincinnati Bengals — Georgia WR A.J. Green
5. Arizona Cardinals — Missouri QB Blaine Gabbert
6. Browns — North Carolina DE Robert Quinn
Explanation: For the 2011 season, the Browns will be switching from the 3-4 defense to the 4-3 defense. On their roster right now is only one guaranteed starter (Ahtyba Rubin). The defense will never be good until a consistent and unrelenting pass rush can be established in the front seven. It won't matter how many great players the Browns have in the secondary. If an opposing QB has five-plus seconds to throw on every drop back, the secondary will be picked apart. I believe in building a football team from the lines, both on offense and defense. I believe the Browns' offensive line is becoming one of the best in the NFL, and now it is time to address the defensive line. Quinn is the best defensive lineman available with the sixth overall pick, and he should be the pick when the Browns go on the clock.
7. San Francisco 49ers — LSU CB Patrick Peterson
8. Tennessee Titans — Auburn DT Nick Fairley
9. Dallas Cowboys — Southern California OL Tyron Smith
10. Washington Redskins — Alabama WR Julio Jones