I've gone through the scenarios in which I believe the Browns would pick LSU cornerback Patrick Peterson and North Carolina defensive end Robert Quinn sixth overall. But what if Georgia wide receiver A.J. Green is still available when the Browns are put on the clock? Could they actually pass on an opportunity to acquire a deep threat in their passing game? The answer, in my opinion, can be found in the following predictions for the top-10 picks:
1. Carolina Panthers — Auburn QB Cam Newton
2. Denver Broncos — Alabama DT Marcell Dareus
3. Buffalo Bills — Texas A&M LB Von Miller
4. Cincinnati Bengals — Missouri QB Blaine Gabbert
5. Arizona Cardinals — LSU CB Patrick Peterson
6. Browns — Georgia WR A.J. Green
Explanation: If Green is available, I think the Browns will pounce, especially if Peterson is off the board. The team's decision makers have endorsed Colt McCoy and voiced their commitment to him, but they could really show support by giving their young quarterback a bona fide No. 1 wide receiver. Alabama's Julio Jones is the other top wide receiver in the draft, and the Browns might take him if Green is gone. But Green is more of a sure thing and the preferred choice of the two because of Jones' durability issues. Browns General Manager Tom Heckert said either prospect would fit well in coach Pat Shurmur's West Coast offense.
7. San Francisco 49ers — Nebraska CB Prince Amukamara
8. Tennessee Titans — Auburn DT Nick Fairley
9. Dallas Cowboys — Wisconsin DE J.J. Watt
10. Washington Redskins — Alabama WR Julio Jones
Now it's your turn. E-mail your name, city and state, along with your predictions for the top-10 picks to firstname.lastname@example.org, and explain why you think the Browns will take a specific route. I'll post the best submissions on this blog.