Last week, I posted my third mock draft of the year and asked you, the readers, to send me your predictions. The latest reader submission comes from Brett Shaver of West Park. Remember, you can have your mock draft published, too, but time is running out with the draft now just three days away. E-mail your predictions for the top-10 picks to firstname.lastname@example.org, and explain why you think the Browns will take a specific route.
Brett Shaver's mock draft 3.0:
1. Carolina Panthers — Auburn QB Cam Newton
2. Denver Broncos — Alabama DT Marcell Dareus
3. Buffalo Bills — Texas A&M LB Von Miller
4. Cincinnati Bengals — Georgia WR A.J. Green
5. Arizona Cardinals — Missouri QB Blaine Gabbert
6. Browns — LSU CB Patrick Peterson
Explanation: Even though cornerback isn't the Browns' biggest need, a secondary of Peterson, Joe Haden, Sheldon Brown and T.J. Ward would be fierce. North Carolina defensive end Robert Quinn should be only other option, but defensive ends can be found in second and third rounds. The Browns don't need to pick Alabama wide receiver Julio Jones here because the West Coast offense makes average receivers better.
7. San Francisco 49ers — Nebraska CB Prince Amukamara
8. Tennessee Titans — Auburn DT Nick Fairley
9. Dallas Cowboys — North Carolina DE Robert Quinn
10. Washington Redskins — Alabama WR Julio Jones