Here's what you need to know about the fourth practice of Browns training camp:
- Unfortunate injury: Browns punter Reggie Hodges suffered a torn left Achilles tendon and was carted off the field toward the end of practice. He is out for the season.
- Other injury updates: Running back Montario Hardesty wore full pads at practice, but he didn't participate in 11-on-11 sessions for the second consecutive day. Hardesty, who is trying to bounce back from a torn ACL in his left knee, said he didn't suffer a setback. "I’m fine," Hardesty said. "I’m just going with the procedure, building up, going with the procedure that the Browns have for me." Wide receivers Josh Cribbs (left knee), Carlton Mitchell (shoulder) and Mohamed Massaquoi (left foot), tight end Benjamin Watson (head), offensive lineman Eric Steinbach (left knee) and linebacker Sidney Tarver (unknown) did not participate in practice. Rookie defensive end Jabaal Sheard was held out of 11-on-11 sessions. Sheard said he had a tight hamstring. Rookie tight end Jordan Cameron said he left practice Monday because he had cramps."No big deal," he said. Defensive tackle Travis Ivey (undisclosed) missed the first three practices of training camp, but he was back in action this morning and inserted into the second-team defense.
- Nowhere to be found: Defensive tackle Phil Taylor, the Browns' first-round pick in this year's draft, missed another practice. Taylor, pictured left, has yet to sign his rookie contract. "We're working on that," Shurmur said. "We'll get him here. He'll be here soon, I hope." But once the holdout ends, how long will Taylor have to wait to practice with the first-team defense? "He's gonna get in there," Shurmur said. "When he gets in town, he's gonna get in there. Yeah, for sure."
- Practice highlights and lowlights: Wide receiver Demetrius Williams has continued to make play after play during training camp. He had several catches this morning. ... Offensive lineman Branndon Braxton had a strong showing in one-on-one blocking drills. He stood his ground every time. ... Quarterback Colt McCoy was intercepted by linebacker D'Qwell Jackson and rookie cornerback Buster Skrine during an 11-on-11 session. ... Defensive back DeAngelo Smith picked off a pass from quarterback Jarrett Brown in a seven-on-seven session. ... Wide receiver Brian Robiskie made two impressive catches while sliding to the ground. ... With Sheard sitting out, Auston English and Jabari Fletcher took reps at right defensive end with the first-team defense. ... Cornerback Joe Haden broke up a pass from McCoy that was intended for Robiskie.
- For some other highlights, check out my Twitter profile.