Browns coach Pat Shurmur met with reporters today to discuss his team's upcoming home game Sunday against the St. Louis Rams. Here are some of the highlights from the news conference:
- Shurmur said the following players won't practice today: strong safety T.J. Ward (foot), running backs Peyton Hillis (hamstring) and Montario Hardesty (calf), wide receiver Mohamed Massaquoi (head), free safety Usama Young (hip), cornerback Dimitri Patterson (knee) and defensive end Auston English (knee).
- Ward has a cast on his right foot, Shurmur said. "I can't tell you what's gonna happen for Sunday," Shurmur said. Ward was scheduled to have an MRI on Monday, but Shurmur didn't reveal the results. "He's in a cast and he's getting it settled down," Shurmur said. "We'll just see. As we move forward, I'll give you more details."
- Shurmur ruled out Hardesty for Sunday. He also ruled out Hillis earlier this week.
- Massaquoi went home today, Shurmur said. Massaquoi suffered a concussion Oct. 23 against the Seattle Seahawks. "He's got symptoms and again he didn't have any specific episode in the game to make him what we consider worse," Shurmur said. "He came in this morning and he had symptoms related to his concussion and so we sent him home."
- Right tackle Tony Pashos (knee, ankle) will practice on a limited basis, Shurmur said.