Browns coach Eric Mangini met with reporters Sunday afternoon before the Browns took the field for another practice at training camp. Here are the highlights from the press conference:
- Mangini said rookie cornerback Joe Haden took his physical last night and will practice Sunday. The Browns are scheduled to practice from 1:30-3:30 p.m. Sunday.
- Mangini said Haden was able to study the Browns' playbook during the team's down time after minicamp. Players are able to study by using an online program the team provides, Mangini said.
- Question asked if Seneca Wallace could become the starting quarterback if he performs better than Jake Delhomme during training camp. Mangini didn't elaborate much with his answer, simply saying he's encouraged by Wallace's progress.
- Mangini said he's not opposed to any combination or alignment of the team's linebackers. In other words, the linebackers will probably move around a lot during training camp.
- As he's stated before, Mangini said Shaun Rogers will work some at defensive end. "He'll be good at it."
- Mangini said Rogers has lobbied to play tight end and fullback in goal-line situations. The topic surfaced because Rogers spent time after practice Saturday catching passes from a machine.
- Mangini jokingly said defensive coordinator Rob Ryan lives outside the box. Mangini said he visits Ryan there sometimes.
- Mangini said Haden won't be required to run extra laps for missing the first full-squad practice of training camp Saturday.