Browns coach Eric Mangini met with reporters after practice Monday morning. Here are some highlights from the press conference:
- Mangini said he's getting to know recently acquired wide receiver Bobby Engram. Asked if the 37-year-old Engram has the legs to still make it, Mangini said 37 is young.
- Mangini said a package including Lawrence Vickers and Peyton Hillis on the field together provides good size in the backfield. Hillis' versatility should allow this combination to work effectively, Mangini said.
- Mangini said rookie offensive lineman Shawn Lauvao's versatility has helped him progress. He's playing right guard with the first-team offense as well as backup center.
- Mangini said Josh Cribbs is a superstar in his book after a reporter said Cribbs had only 19 catches last season.
- Mangini said rookie running back Montario Hardesty twisted his right knee last week.
- Mangini said offensive lineman John St. Clair was sidelined this morning because he "banged his arm."