Browns coach Eric Mangini met with reporters after his team practiced Wednesday morning. Here are the highlights from the press conference:
- The Browns spent Tuesday in meetings, reviewing film and participating in body conditioning, Mangini said.
- Punter Dave Zastudil hasn't been at practice for a while. Mangini said Zastudil went to have his surgically repaired knee rechecked by his doctor. It's typical, Mangini said.
- Peyton Hillis has also been sidelined recently. Mangini said Hillis is out with a leg injury, but he isn't expected to be out too much longer.
- There will be no live tackling during the Browns' intrasquad scrimmage Saturday, Mangini said. There will, however, be some live hitting in Wednesday evening's practice, he said.
- Mangini praises defensive tackle Ahtyba Rubin for his work ethic during practices.