Browns coach Eric Mangini met with reporters Monday before his team's afternoon practice. Here are the highlights from the press conference:
- After reviewing film of last Saturday's intrasquad scrimmage, Mangini said he was pleased with what he saw. The scrimmage was very productive, Mangini said. Because none of it was scripted it was like watching game tape from any other game, he said.
- Browns defensive back Gerard Lawson was arrested and charged with driving under the influence this past weekend. Mangini said Lawson is in Berea today, and he met with Lawson this morning. Mangini said he told Lawson he was disappointed. Mangini said Lawson will practice today.
- Mangini said he was also aware about a controversial tweet Brandon McDonald used to talk trash about Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Terrell Owens. Mangini said he spoke to his players about social media this morning. He said it's a good way to interact with the fans, but players must be responsible about what they post.
- Rookie cornerback Joe Haden has made some strides as of late, Mangini said. Browns General Manager Tom Heckert recently said in a radio interview that Haden will likely play nickel back this season.
- Punter Dave Zastudil did not return to Berea last week after all, Mangini said. Zastudil is still in Colorado, where he had his surgically repaired knee rechecked by his doctor. Mangini said Zastudil should return to Ohio this Wednesday.
- Mangini did an impression of defensive coordinator Rob Ryan during his press conference. Mangini jokingly said Ryan's press conferences last season were the most stressful 15 minutes of his week because he never knew what Ryan would say.