Browns coach Eric Mangini met with reporters Thursday morning. Here are some of the highlights from the press conference:
- Mangini said today isn't the official end of training camp, even though it will be close to the public after today. The exact end date of camp hasn't been determined, Mangini said. When camp ends will depend on several factors, including the team's performance. However, Mangini said camp definitely won't end after today.
- Mangini said he likes the progress rookie cornerback Joe Haden has shown. Haden has been rotating with the first-team defense because Eric Wright is still dealing with a right leg injury. Wright has practiced this week, including today.
- Mangini said wide receiver Mohamed Massaquoi and offensive tackles Tony Pashos and John St. Clair should return to practice this afternoon.
- Mangini said playing time for starters isn't set in stone for Saturday's preseason game against the St. Louis Rams. He also said he expects the starters to play in the first half and maybe into the second half.
- Mangini declined to "get into specifics" when asked if offensive lineman Floyd Womack recently underwent knee surgery.