Browns coach Eric Mangini met with reporters Wednesday morning. Here are some of the highlights from the press conference:
- Mangini said the Browns' fourth and final preseason game of the year, Sept. 2 against the Chicago Bears, should provide clarity regarding quarterbacks Brett Ratliff and Colt McCoy. Mangini also said he's been involved with teams that have kept four quarterbacks on the active roster. On the other hand, he's been involved with teams that have kept only two.
- Will Mangini rest quarterbacks Jake Delhomme and Seneca Wallace in the Browns' final preseason game of the year? He said it depends on what happens this week. He suggested if things go well for Delhomme and Wallace against the Lions, they'll be limited and might not play at all against the Bears.
- Mangini said he's eager to see how Cleveland's defense performs against the Detroit Lions, who have been moving the ball well during the preseason.
- Mangini said barring any setbacks, offensive lineman Tony Pashos should play Saturday against the Lions.
- Mangini said rookie running back Montario Hardesty will not practice today.
- Mangini said offensive lineman John St. Clair won't practice today, either. He's still away dealing with a personal matter.