Browns coach Eric Mangini met with reporters Monday morning. Here are some highlights from the press conference:
- Mangini said defensive lineman Shaun Rogers will practice today and Mangini said he can see Rogers playing Sunday. Rogers will practice at nose tackle and other spots depending on the package the defense uses, Mangini said.
- Offensive lineman John St. Clair is back after missing practice last week for personal reasons, Mangini said.
- Offensive lineman Floyd Womack is expected to return to practice Wednesday, Mangini said. Womack missed all of the Browns' preseason games with an injury.
- Mangini said defensive tackle Ahtyba Rubin has earned the right to play and Rubin will play despite Rogers' return.
- Mangini said Alex Smith had a really good camp, and that factored into the team's decision to keep four tight ends.