Browns coach Eric Mangini met with reporters Wednesday morning. Here are some of the highlights from the press conference:
- Mangini said quarterback Jake Delhomme won't practice today. Mangini described Delhomme as day-to-day, and he said he'll make a decision at the end of the week whether or not to play Delhomme or backup quarterback Seneca Wallace.
- The Browns signed cornerback DeAndre Wright and running back Thomas Clayton to the practice squad, Mangini said. They released running back Andre Anderson and safety DeAngelo Smith, Mangini said.
- Rookie offensive lineman Shawn Lauvao and defensive lineman Shaun Rogers won't practice today, Mangini said. Lauvao is getting closer and closer to returning to practice, Mangini said. Mangini said Rogers should resurface in the latter part of the week.
- Mangini said there's a chance linebacker D'Qwell Jackson could return to practice Friday.
- When asked what the Browns will lose if Delhomme can't play Sunday, Mangini said, "I don't think we have to lose anything because Seneca (Wallace) has control over the offense."