Browns coach Eric Mangini met with reporters Wednesday morning. Here are some of the highlights from the press conference:
- Mangini said the following players will sit out practice today: quarterback Jake Delhomme, defensive lineman Shaun Rogers, offensive lineman Shawn Lauvao, defensive lineman Robaire Smith and tight end Evan Moore.
- Linebacker D'Qwell Jackson will practice today, Mangini said.
- Mangini on Delhomme's chances of playing Sunday against the Baltimore Ravens: "I don't really have a percentage for you. It gets better each day."
- Mangini said tight end Evan Moore suffered a concussion Sunday against the Kansas City Chiefs. Mangini said it's possible Moore could play in Week 3 against the Ravens.
- Mangini said Rogers is sidelined with the same injuries (ankle, hip) he's been dealing with for a while now. Even though Rogers has not been practicing on a regular basis, Mangini said, "I didn't feel like he was out of shape at all this past game."