Browns coach Eric Mangini met with reporters Wednesday morning. Here are some of the highlights from the press conference:
- Quarterback Jake Delhomme, offensive lineman John St. Clair, defensive linemen Robaire Smith, Kenyon Coleman and Shaun Rogers and defensive back Derrick Roberson will not practice today, Mangini said.
- Delhomme might return to practice Thursday, Mangini said. Seneca Wallace has started at quarterback for the past two weeks. "I want Jake to be healthy, and that's not a knock on Seneca," Mangini said.
- Mangini said wide receiver Mohamed Massaquoi has improved, even though his receiving stats don't reflect it. Massaquoi is better at running routes and blocking than he was last season, Mangini said. Massaquoi did not have a catch against the Ravens, and he was targeted only once.
- Mangini said rookie offensive lineman Shawn Lauvao will return to practice today.
- "As a coach, I think he understands some of the things that have happened," Mangini said of Browns President Mike Holmgren.