Browns coach Eric Mangini met with reporters Thursday morning. Here are some of the highlights from the press conference:
- Quarterback Jake Delhomme will return to practice today, coach Eric Mangini said. Delhomme, who's been out with a right ankle injury since Week 1, will start Sunday against the Cincinnati Bengals if he's healthy, Mangini said.
- Defensive line Shaun Rogers (ankle, hip), Robaire Smith (back) and Kenyon Coleman (knee) will be out today, but they should all return Friday, Mangini said.
- Linebacker Jason Trusnik might return to practice today, Mangini said.
- Offensive right tackle John St. Clair will be sidelined today, and it's uncertain whether or not he'll return Friday, Mangini said. The team will "play it by ear" when deciding if St. Clair or Tony Pashos will start at right tackle against the Bengals, Mangini said.
- Fullback Lawrence Vickers (groin) will return to practice today, Mangini said.
- On Wednesday, running back Jerome Harrison said he never knew what his role was. On Thursday, Mangini defined Harrison's role. "His role is to go in and carry the ball when he's asked to carry the ball and do it effectively and protect the football," Mangini said. "I'd say with any player that has any questions, my office hasn't changed. It's right there. I'm here every day. I can clarify things quickly. So if there is any uncertainty, it's pretty easy to clear up."