Browns coach Eric Mangini met with reporters Friday morning. Here are some of the highlights from the press conference:
- Mangini said wide receiver Josh Cribbs will return to practice today after suffering a concussion five days ago. Mangini expects Cribbs to be ready to play the New Orleans Saints on Sunday. Quarterbacks Jake Delhomme and Seneca Wallace, wide receiver Mohamed Massaquoi and offensive lineman John St. Clair will miss practice today. Mangini said he would not yet rule out Massaquoi, who also suffered a concussion last Sunday.
- Mangini said he has been rotating Billy Yates and Shawn Lauvao at right guard during practices. One of them will start Sunday. Floyd Womack will likely start at right tackle.
- Although rookie quarterback Colt McCoy is expected to make his second consecutive start Sunday, Mangini said quarterback Seneca Wallace is further ahead of quarterback Jake Delhomme in the recovery process from their high-ankle sprains.
- Mangini said Mike Bell could play more Sunday against the Saints depending on how fellow running back Peyton Hillis does.
- Mangini said linebacker Marcus Benard will return to practice today after missing action Thursday for personal reasons.