Browns coach Eric Mangini met with reporters Monday morning. Here are some of the highlights from the press conference:
- Mangini still did not commit to naming a starting quarterback for the Browns' upcoming game against the New England Patriots. Rookie Colt McCoy has started the past two games.
- Mangini said quarterbacks Jake Delhomme and Seneca Wallace and offensive lineman John St. Clair will miss practice today. All of them are rehabilitating from ankle injuries.
- Mangini said Delhomme and Wallace may have a shot to practice Wednesday. Wallace is still further ahead in the rehabilitation process than Delhomme, Mangini said.
- Mangini said placing Delhomme on injured reserve has not been discussed because the latter hasn't suffered any setbacks and continues to progress.
- Mangini said he wants to play the quarterback who will give the team the best chance to win each week. He said he won't treat any games as opportunities to develop a specific quarterback.