Browns coach Eric Mangini met with reporters Monday afternoon. Here are some of the highlights from the press conference:
- Mangini said starting right guard Billy Yates suffered a biceps injury Sunday during the Browns' game against the Jets and will probably be out for the season. It appears that Yates will be placed on injured reserve, Mangini said.
- Mangini said linebacker Scott Fujita injured a knee ligament and could be out for a little while, but Mangini said it's too early to know whether or not Fujita will need to go on IR. He said cornerback Sheldon Brown (shoulder) and wide receiver Josh Cribbs (foot) might return to practice later this week.
- Mangini on the Browns' heartbreaking loss to the Jets: "Sometimes you have to feel this type of pain in order to grow."
- Mangini said he thought about going for two points at the end of the fourth quarter, but he chose to send the game to overtime.
- Mangini said he doesn't regret any decisions he made Sunday. He stands by his choice to try to win the game instead of settling for a tie.