Browns coach Eric Mangini met with reporters Wednesday morning. Here are some of the highlights from the press conference:
- Rookie quarterback Colt McCoy has a left high-ankle sprain, Mangini said. Therefore, quarterback Jake Delhomme will get the bulk of the reps today at practice in preparation for a showdown with his former team, the Carolina Panthers, Mangini said.
- Mangini said he's comfortable with Delhomme and Seneca Wallace, but he also likes the familiarity Delhomme has with the Panthers. All signs are pointing to Delhomme making the start.
- Mangini said McCoy's high-ankle sprain is different than those suffered earlier this season by Delhomme and Wallace. Mangini said he hopes McCoy isn't out four to five weeks. McCoy has not been officially ruled out for Sunday.
- Mangini said wide receiver Josh Cribbs, defensive back Mike Adams, tight end Benjamin Watson, linebackers Eric Barton and Scott Fujita, defensive lineman Shaun Rogers and cornerback Eric Wright will miss practice today.
- Mangini said he is optimistic Barton, Watson, Rogers, Adams, and Cribbs will return to action this week. On the other hand, Mangini said he's not optimistic Wright or Fujita will be able to return this week.
- Offensive lineman Floyd Womack will return to practice today, Mangini said. Rookie offensive lineman Shawn Lauvao needs to play better than he did Sunday, Mangini said.