Browns coach Eric Mangini met with reporters Friday morning. Here are some of the highlights from the press conference:
- Mangini officially named Jake Delhomme the Browns' starting quarterback for Sunday's game against the Miami Dolphins.
- Mangini said rookie quarterback Colt McCoy (ankle) could make the trip to Miami, but he won't know until Saturday if McCoy will be healthy enough to be listed as the team's third quarterback. McCoy will miss practice today like he has the rest of the week.
- Mangini said linebacker Scott Fujita (knee) and defensive lineman Shaun Rogers (hip, ankle) will also miss practice today.
- Running back Peyton Hillis will miss practice today for personal reasons, but Mangini said Hillis is physically fine and will be ready to play Sunday.
- Wide receiver Josh Cribbs (toes) returned to practice today, even though Mangini said he expected Cribbs to sit out. Nevertheless, Mangini said he's pretty comfortable with Cribbs' ability to play Sunday. Like last week, Mangini said returning kicks will be the starting point for Cribbs. If Cribbs' foot feels fine as the game progresses, he might be inserted into the offense.