Browns coach Eric Mangini met with reporters Friday morning. Here are some of the highlights from the press conference:
- Mangini said tight end Robert Royal (shoulder) is the only player who won't practice today.
- Mangini said running back Peyton Hillis (knee) will do a significant amount of work at practice today compared with what he did Thursday, when he was limited.
- Mangini said rookie quarterback Colt McCoy and Hillis should be fine Sunday against the Baltimore Ravens despite missing practice Wednesday. McCoy missed practice Wednesday with a stomach flu.
- Mangini said former Denver Broncos coach Josh McDaniels watched the Browns practice last Wednesday in Berea. Mangini said McDaniels was only visiting, and he has no intentions of adding him to the coaching staff.
- Mangini said linebackers David Bowens and Eric Barton are serving as team's defensive captains with linebacker Scott Fujita and defensive end Robaire Smith on injured reserve.
- Mangini said the team's practices have been good this week. The players have been focused despite the cold, he said.