Browns coach Eric Mangini met with reporters Friday morning. Here are some of the highlights from the press conference:
- Mangini said he expects to discuss his future Monday with Browns President Mike Holmgren.
- Mangini said it can be difficult at times to focus on the present instead of the future. His 6-year-old son, Jake, asked him if the family is going to move.
- Mangini said running back Peyton Hillis (ribs) won't practice today. Hillis hasn't practiced all week, but Mangini said he's optimistic Hillis will play Sunday against the Pittsburgh Steelers. Then again, he also conceded there's a chance Hillis might be sidelined.
- Mangini said running back Mike Bell has practiced well for the second week in a row. He said he feels good about Bell playing more than usual if Hillis is out.
- Mangini said wide receiver Josh Cribbs could supplement the running game by rushing out of the Wildcat offense Sunday, especially if Hillis can't play.
- Mangini said rookie cornerback Joe Haden will be matched up with Steelers standout wide receiver Mike Wallace at times but not not always.