The Browns practiced from 8:45-10:45 this morning. Here are the highlights from practice:
- Defensive linemen Shaun Rogers and C.J. Mosley, defensive backs Brandon McDonald and Coye Francies, linebackers Titus Brown and David Bowens, punter Dave Zastudil, offensive lineman Tony Pashos and running back Montario Hardesty were sidelined.
- For the second consecutive day, running back Peyton Hillis and defensive linemen Kenyon Coleman and Brian Schaefering practiced for the second consecutive day after missing time last week.
- In a seven-on-seven drill, rookie safety T.J. Ward intercepted a pass thrown by quarterback Jake Delhomme.
- The crowd went wild when quarterback Seneca Wallace hit wide receiver Josh Cribbs with a long pass in the end zone.
- Tight end Benjamin Watson dropped a pass from rookie quarterback Colt McCoy.
- Cornerback Eric Wright walked off the field about one hour after practice started. He left with an ice pack strapped to his right leg. Mike Adams filled in for Wright at nickel back with the first-team defense while rookie Joe Haden and Sheldon Brown lined up on the outside.
- Hillis caught a pass from Wallace, zoomed out of bounds and crashed into players on the sideline. Hillis knocked defensive lineman Derreck Robinson to the ground. Robinson was on one knee when Hillis crashed into him. Nobody appeared to be hurt during the play.
- Kicker Phil Dawson hit the left post and missed on a 48-yard field. Dawson, though, rebounded by hitting a 57-yard field goal.
- Wallace hit rookie Johnathan Haggerty with a deep pass along the left sideline.