Well, one day down, many more to go for the Browns' training camp. Here are my observations from the second practice:
- The players were wearing shorts, shoulder pads and helmets. They wore full uniforms during the morning session.
- Tight end Evan Moore dropped a pass in one-on-one drills, his second drop of the day, but he also made several nice catches. Linebacker Chris Gocong did a nice job in coverage to make the play difficult for Moore, but he still got a hand on the ball and should have hauled it in.
- Wide receiver Brian Robiskie made a couple of nice catches in one-on-one drills.
- Robert Royal dropped a pass during a 7-on-7 session. I also saw him drop two passes in the morning practice.
- Dave Zastudil punted after being sidelined earlier this summer during organized team activities and minicamp. He was rehabilitating a knee injury then.
- Wide receiver Johnathan Haggerty made a nice catch on the sideline to stay in bounds. Quarterback Seneca Wallace threw the pass.
- Wide receiver Josh Cribbs made a great catch in double coverage. With Mike Adams and Ray Ventrone all over him, Cribbs snagged a sharp pass from Wallace.
- Linebacker D'Qwell Jackson intercepted a pass from quarterback Jake Delhomme near the line of scrimmage.
- Before throwing his first and only interception of the day, Delhomme drew loud cheers when he hit wide receiver Mohamed Massaquoi with a long pass on a fade route. Delhomme hit wide receiver Syndric Steptoe with a similar throw during the morning practice.