The Browns are practicing today in preparation for their road game Sunday against the Oakland Raiders. Coach Pat Shurmur left the entire practice open to reporters. Here is what you need to know about the session:
- Center Alex Mack, who had an appendectomy a week ago, attended practice but only as a spectator. Mack did not wear a helmet or pads as he watched the action from the sideline. With Mack sidelined, Steve Vallos took reps at center with the first-team offense. John Greco practiced at center with the second unit.
- Cornerback Joe Haden (sprained knee) did not practice. Dimitri Patterson has continued to fill in for Haden, practicing opposite Sheldon Brown with the first-team defense.
- Wide receiver Josh Cribbs (sprained knee) practiced, but he did not participate in team drills.
- Wide receiver Mohamed Massaquoi (shoulder) and Brown (groin) practiced and fully participated.
- Backup middle linebacker Titus Brown (ankle) warmed up with the team, but he watched the rest of practice without wearing a helmet or pads.