The Browns (4-9) practiced today in preparation for their road game Sunday against the Arizona Cardinals (6-7). Reporters were allowed to watch about the first 10 minutes of practice. Here's what you need to know about the open session:
- Quarterback Colt McCoy was not at practice. McCoy suffered a concussion Thursday night when Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker James Harrison used his helmet to smash into McCoy's face mask. Click here for more about the incident.
- Rookie fullback Owen Marecic and tight end Benjamin Watson, both of whom suffered concussions Thursday night, were not at practice, either.
- Strong safety T.J. Ward (foot) was in uniform as he stretched and ran through warm-ups. He has missed the Browns' past five games because of the injury he suffered Nov. 6 against the Houston Texans.
- Running backs Peyton Hillis (hip) and Montario Hardesty (calf), wide receiver Josh Cribbs (groin), offensive linemen Shawn Lauvao (ankle) and Tony Pashos (ankle), free safety Mike Adams (shoulder), linebackers Chris Gocong (hip) and Quinton Spears (hamstring) and defensive end Jayme Mitchell (ankle) were at practice.
- Linebacker Scott Fujita, who's on injured reserve, watched practice from the sideline. He recently had surgery on his right hand.