Cleveland Browns quarterback Colt McCoy (12) and running back Peyton Hillis (40) in action against the Cincinnati Bengals in the first half of an NFL football game, Sunday, Nov. 27, 2011, in Cincinnati. (AP Photo/David Kohl)
The Browns (4-8) practiced today in preparation for their road game Thursday night against the Pittsburgh Steelers (9-3). Reporters were allowed to watch about 30 minutes of practice. Here's what you need to know about the open session:
- Quarterback Colt McCoy wore a black sleeve on his sprained right knee. McCoy, who's pictured above and to the left, looked fine dropping back and moving during team drills.
- Running back Peyton Hillis (hip) also looked all right as he participated in team drills. Hillis, who's pictured above and to the right, was limited in practice Monday.
- Offensive lineman Artis Hicks missed practice for a personal reason, a team spokesman said. Hicks' absence was excused.
- Free safety Mike Adams (shoulder) and offensive lineman Tony Pashos (ankle) practiced today. Both were limited Monday.
- Linebacker Chris Gocong (hip), running back Montario Hardesty (calf) and defensive end Jayme Mitchell (ankle) also practiced today. They fully participated Monday.
- As expected, strong safety T.J. Ward (foot) and linebacker Quinton Spears (hamstring) did not practice.