- WR Braylon Edwards made a nice, one-handed grab in the endzone on one series.
- DB Brodney Pool missed his second day of practice with what appears to be another concussion.
- Browns coach Eric Mangini said the idea of possibly using the versatile Josh Cribbs at defensive back hasn't been shelved completely.
"What I want to do is put him at one position and see where that went, where it progressed," Mangini said. "Then as we keep going, the potential to cross-train, I'm a big believer in that."
- Rookie WR Brian Robiskie talked with reporters after the game. He basically said he doesn't think he'd hit the proverbial "wall" mid way through camp like many football folks have suggested. Instead, he has just been trying to remain consistent and learn each day.
Mangini had an interesting take on players "hitting the wall" - especially rookies.
"I think with rookies, sometimes the wall hits them," the coach said. "They don't hit the wall, the wall hits them. It's a tough transition."
- Veteran DE Robaire Smith is still working out on his own the side, but both he and Mangini feel good about his progress in recovering from the ruptured left Achilles tendon that cost him a majority of last season.
"I've been really impressd with Robaire," Mangini said. "He's got an excellent work ethic. When he's on the field he works hard. You understand why guys hang around and watch him work."
- A new face joined the team for practice Tuesday as the Browns signed free agent DL Brian Schaefering. In addition, the club waived WR Paul Raymond.
Schaefering was originally signed as an undrafted free agent by the Browns in May 2008, but was later waived three months afterward and signed to Cleveland's practice squad Dec. 12. He was signed to the Jets active roster (see a pattern here?) on Dec. 30, where he stayed until once again being waived two months ago in early June.
- 2013 (363)
- 2012 (670)
- 2011 (686)
- 2010 (823)
- 2009 (497)
- 2008 (100)
- 2007 (54)