End 3Q: Cavs 76, Bobcats 76
* Fouls could play a big role in the fourth quarter. J.J. Hickson played the final two minutes of the third quarter with four fouls because Byron Scott didn't have many other options. Ryan Hollins begins the fourth with four fouls and Luke Harangody has three.
* Anthony Parker is on fire. He's 6 of 8 tonight after going 7 of 9 in last night's win over Miami. This from a guy who was shooting about 25 percent in his previous six games.
* The Bobcats did a better job of rebounding in the quarter, particularly on the offensive end. They've outscored the Cavs in second-chance points 10-2.
Half: Cavs 50, Bobcats 47
* The Cavs are in a precarious position now for the second half. Both J.J. Hickson and Ryan Hollins have three fouls. Hickson didn't play at all in the second quarter because of it.
* With Samardo Samuels out due to a wrist injury, the Cavs were forced to play much of the quarter with Luke Harangody and Joey Graham as the bigs. Yet they still lead at the half.
* D.J. Augustin is playing on two bad legs for the Bobcats and their other key point guard, Shaun Livingston, is out with a bruised tailbone. Could be a big reason why Cavs point guards have combined for 22 points tonight. Augustin's backup tonight is Garrett Temple, who is working on a 10-day contract.
* I expected a better effort from the Bobcats, who are a game out of a playoff spot and in need of every victory they can get from here on out. The Cavs seem to be outworking them, although both teams are still shooting better than 50 percent.
End 1Q: Bobcats 28, Cavs 26
* The Cavs have had a hard time matching the energy of last night, which was to be expected. That was going to be hard to duplicate for anyone.
* The Cavs outscored the Bobcats 10-2 over the final three minutes to draw within a basket at the end of the quarter. They've trailed by as much as 10.
* Neither team is playing much defense to this point. Both teams are shooting better than 60 percent and have gotten to the basket with ease.
* J.J. Hickson picked up three fouls in the first seven minutes. We may not see him again for a while.