Cavs 42, Bucks 40
* As good as the Cavaliers looked in beating the 76ers the other night, that's how sloppy they've been in the first half. Bad decision-making, poor shot selection, sloppy passes ... it hasn't been a good night. Yet they're still winning. Such is life with a young team learning a new system.
* Daniel Gibson has yet to play. Byron Scott made it sound like everyone was healthy and available, but trainers were working on Gibson's neck in the locker room prior to the game. Have to wonder if something tightened up and rendered him unavailable.
UPDATE: Sure enough, Gibson is out with a mild neck strain. Listed as day to day.
* Anderson Varejao took a pass and had a wide open look at the basket late in the quarter. He tried flipping it over his head and missed badly. Which reminds me, when is the last time you saw Varejao face the basket and, you know, make a traditional layup? He's always flipping it behind his back or sideways and making it much more difficult than it needs to be.
* J.J. Hickson is not having a good night. Made some ill-advised shot attempts, blown some open layups... This is the frustrating inconsistency of Mr. Hickson.
* Ramon Sessions has 12 points, Anthony Parker has 10 and Hickson has 10 points at the half. But the Cavs are just 2 of 9 on 3-pointers.