End 3Q: Bulls 72, Cavs 62
* The Cavs have now missed their first seven shots in both the second and third quarters. They've done well to fight back both times to make it a close game, but another slow start to the fourth will doom them.
* The Cavs have trailed by as much as 20, but got it down to seven late in the third quarter. Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau was so shocked, he was whistled for a technical.
* Antawn Jamison walked to the bench at the end of the quarter grabbing his shoulder and grimacing. It was dangling during play and could be something to watch moving forward.
Halftime: Bulls 48, Cavs 38
* Injury strikes again. Ramon Sessions left the game with a strained right abdominal in the second quarter and will not return. Just when it looked like the Cavs were starting to get healthy again...
* Once again, a long scoreless drought takes away almost any shot the Cavs have at victory. They didn't score on a basket from the floor until Daniel Gibson's 3-pointer with 5:56 remaining in the half.
* Like most teams in the league, the Bulls have taken advantage at the 3-point line. They're shooting 46 percent (5 of 11), although only a couple of them have been the wide open, no one within 10 feet of them variety.
* Daniel Gibson has 10 points in his return to the starting lineup. He's also holding his own defensively against Derrick Rose, who had a quiet four points in the first half on 1 of 6 shooting.
* J.J. Hickson and Antawn Jamison are a combined 5 of 20 from the floor, but they've combined for 15 rebounds.
End 1Q: Bulls 22, Cavs 17
* A 22-point quarter is pretty good against this team, particularly with the way the Cavs have been playing defense.
* Derrick Rose is doing a great job of getting to the rim against both Ramon Sessions and Daniel Gibson, but he's struggling to finish. Rose has taken 28 shots in each of the Bulls' last two games. He took five in the first quarter.
* Likewise, the Cavs have done a surprisingly nice job of getting inside against the defensively-minded Bulls, but they've missed a ton of shots in the paint. It seems to be an ongoing problem with an offensively-challenged team.
* Byron Scott clealry hasn't lost faith in Manny Harris, even though he removed him from the starting lineup tonight. Harris still played half of the first quarter. Alonzo Gee, the other starter removed tonight, has yet to make it in the game.
- 2013 (149)
- 2012 (345)
- 2011 (275)
- 2010 (471)
- 2009 (188)
- 2008 (125)
- 2007 (164)
- 2006 (83)
- 2005 (24)