End 3Q: Bulls 78, Cavs 63
* The Bulls have been the quicker team most of the night and outhustled the Cavs in the quarter.
* The Cavs were within three at 60-57 when the Bulls ripped off a 10-0 run. The Cavs have yet to recover.
* J.J. Hickson has 22 points and 12 rebounds, but no one else is in double figures for the Cavs, who are having trouble getting the ball inside to anyone other than Hickson.
* The Bulls do some of their best defensive work in the passing lanes and the Cavs have a tendency to force/risk bad passes. It's a bad combination.
* Derrick Rose has been held to 11 points, which is difficult to believe because it seems as if he's been all over the court.
Half: Bulls 54, Cavs 46
* The Cavs trailed by 14 with 2:19 left in the half, but J.J. Hickson and Baron Davis combined to score the Cavs' final 10 points of the quarter to cut the deficit to eight at the half.
* J.J. Hickson already has 14 points and nine rebounds, but he's turned it over three times.
* The Cavs turned it over eight times in the second quarter, a big reason why the Bulls were able to build the big lead.
End 1Q: Bulls 29, Cavs 26
* Semih Erden's long-awaited return hasn't gone well. He committed three fouls within his first two minutes and the Bulls broke off a 10-0 run upon his arrival. Of course, this is his first game action since March 6 and he's still playing on a bad groin.
* Ramon Sessions is a big reason the Cavs have crawled back into this game. Sessions scored seven of the Cavs' final 12 points to get this deficit down to three entering the second quarter.
* J.J. Hickson has been active around the glass, scoring eight points, grabbing four rebounds and knocking down a long jumper over Carlos Boozer.
* Speaking of Boozer, he still gets booed fairly heavy here.
* Speaking of boos, St. V's boys team was honored for winning a state championship. Yes, there were some boos. Incredible.
* A lot of media members dug deep in their closet to find their ugliest sweaters for Joe Tait Appreciation Night. Staring too long at any of them might cause dizziness and migraines.