End 3Q: Celtics 91, Cavs 69
* Good quarter for Christian Eyenga, who had eight points and showed off his crazy leaping ability again. That's about all that went right for the Cavs.
* Daniel Gibson has only taken three shots tonight. That's not nearly enough for the best perimeter shooter on the team.
* J.J. Hickson doing it again with 17 rebounds. But when the Cavs are down by 22, they're hard to see sometimes.
Half: Celtics 67, Cavs 45
* The Celtics are shooting 50 percent on 3-pointers (7 of 14) and 52 percent overall. Paul Pierce has 24 points and is making life miserable for the Cavs.
* Turnovers are killing the Cavs. They already have nine, which have led to 13 points for the Celtics. So not only are they turning it over, they're getting beat in transition back the other way.
* Antawn Jamsion and Ramon Sessions each had nine points after the first quarter. Both were held to a basket each in the second. The Celtics' defense is tightening up.
End 1Q: Celtics 34, Cavs 26
* The Cavs led 23-21 with 2:36 left when Paul Pierce took over, scoring the Celtics' final 13 points of the quarter. He stuck a jumper at the buzzer to finish with 17 points. It has left the Cavs in an eight-point hole.
* Great first quarter for Ramon Sessions, who had nine points and four assists. Sessions showing a great burst to get into the lane and making right decisions on when to kick and when to finish. But turnovers have been a problem with him (five last night) and he already has two tonight.
* If the Cavs leave the Celtics' shooters open on the perimeter tonight, they're dead. Pierce, Ray Allen and Rajon Rondo already have 3s for the Celtics.
* One of the Celtics' goals on the board in their locker room tonight was to make Antawn Jamison work for everything. No surprise there. But they're not doing it. Jamison has been forgotten on the perimeter a couple of times already and has nine points and four rebounds.
* Ryan Hollins irritated Byron Scott last night when he failed to foul Brook Lopez where the officials could see it. Tonight he's getting tossed around on the block by Kendrick Perkins, who is making his season debut following knee surgery.
* Anthony Parker came off the bench in the quarter and played a few minutes. He didn't do a whole lot, but just having his veteran presence on the floor should help.
- 2013 (149)
- 2012 (345)
- 2011 (275)
- 2010 (471)
- 2009 (188)
- 2008 (125)
- 2007 (164)
- 2006 (83)
- 2005 (24)