End 3Q: Hawks 74, Cavs 66
* The Cavs look like a different team when Baron Davis is in there. It's no wonder Byron Scott wants to see what he'll look like when he's a little healthier. Davis has played only 13 minutes thus far because Scott wants him to play the entire fourth. That's been his M.O. whenever he has played.
* The Hawks aren't a very good team. They've lost 14 of their last 22 and I really don't think anyone takes them seriously as a threat in the Eastern Conference. They have struggled to hold onto a double-digit lead today against the league's worst team.
* Ramon Sessions has 13 points, three assists and just one turnover. Davis had 14 points and five assists. Anthony Parker's slump continues: he's 1 of 5 and really struggling to find the basket lately.
Half: Hawks 52, Cavs 39
* After the bench cut the Cavs' deficit to 35-29, the starters let the game get out of hand again. With the Cavs' starters on the floor, the Hawks outscored the Cavs 17-10 over the second half of the quarter.
* Josh Smith already has 11 rebounds for the Hawks. Al Horford has 14 points. Both have been a load for the Cavs.
* The Cavs seemed to be running the offense through J.J. Hickson early in the game, but he's just 2 of 8 from the floor with a couple of turnovers. He does have six rebounds, however.
End 1Q: Hawks 21, Cavs 18
* The bench has played much better than the starters thus far. Baron Davis is a big reason for that. The Hawks bolted out to a 17-8 lead, but Davis sank a couple of 3-pointers in the final 3:27 to bring the Cavs back.
* The Cavs were getting beat badly in transition most of the quarter. The Hawks had eight fast break points against the starters, none against the bench.
* Alonzo Gee has already taken eight shots. That's a bit much for him, especially since two of them were air balls.
* The Hawks are without Joe Johnson, who sprained his thumb last night.