Halftime: Hornets 62, Cavs 43
* Tough quarter at both ends. Defensive rotations were lagging at times, as was transition defense, giving the Hornets open looks all over the court. The Hornets shot 13 of 20 in the quarter (5 of 8 on 3s), while the Cavs were a dreadful 4 of 23 (1 of 7 on 3s).
* The Cavs missed countless point-blank looks from inside the paint. By my count, they missed about 10 just in the second quarter, but it might be even more than that. It happened in the last game, too, but the Cavs got away with it because they were playing the Sixers. The Hornets are not the Sixers.
* Anderson Varejao blew at least four shots in the paint himself. Antawn Jamison, after a fast start in the first quarter, missed all four shots he took in the second. Some of the misses were well defended by the Hornets, one of the best defensive teams in the league. The Cavs just flat out missed a few others.
* It's going to be hard for the Cavs to climb back in this one. The Hornets aren't in first place and 6-0 at home by giving away big leads to marginal teams.
End 1Q: Cavs 28, Hornets 26
* Mo Williams is back in the starting lineup after missing two games with that pesky groin injury. Seems to be moving well. Hit the first shot he took and has a couple of assists.
* The Cavs have been sloppy with the ball at times and it has cost them some foolish turnovers on a few possessions. You can't beat a 9-1 team on the road giving away possessions, even in the first quarter.
* Joey Graham entered early and has looked good. He swished a 3-pointer and muscled inside for a basket. He provides some muscle and toughness, and if he can prove he defends as well as Jamario Moon, he may just work his way into the starting lineup. But he has to play well for a lot longer than two games before Scott will trust him with a starting job.
* Daniel Gibson began the game with a bulky protective wrap on his right shoulder, which he recently bruised. The wrap didn't last long. He has already yanked it off. Must not have liked how it felt.
* Antawn Jamison with another great start: 11 points in five minutes, including 3 for 3 on 3-pointers.