End 3Q: Magic 80, Cavs 58
* What's sad is to think that a year ago at this time, the Magic and Cavs were bitter rivals anxiously awaiting an epic playoff clash between Shaq and Dwight Howard. Now the Magic are disinterested and still pounding the Cavs by 22.
* Not much else to say. The Magic are shooting 50 percent from the floor and have struggled on 3-pointers (7 of 21) otherwise this really would've gotten out of hand.
* J.J. Hickson had a big third quarter and now has 18 points and six rebounds. Dwight Howard has 25 points and 14 rebounds and Brandon Bass finally missed a shot, but he still has 20 points.
Half: Magic 56, Cavs 38
* Byron Scott said this morning how impressed he was by Ohio State's "dismantling" of George Mason -- his word, not mine. Well, this looks like a replay.
* The Magic have the same inside/outside combination that makes the Buckeyes so effective. It doesn't help matters that Brandon Bass is playing the game of his life. He's got 14 points and hasn't missed any of his six shots playing alongside Dwight Howard.
* Hedo Turkoglu stripped the ball away from J.J. Hickson at one point and it was strange seeing them standing toe to toe. Turkoglu, the Magic's small forward, is just as big or bigger than Hickson, the Cavs' center. Yeah, the Cavs need some bigs this summer.
* Hickson, incidentally, leads the Cavs with seven points. Howard has 16 points and 11 rebounds for the Magic.
End 1Q: Magic 30, Cavs 15
* The Cavs have absolutely no idea what to do with Dwight Howard, which makes them just like every other team in the league. They've already fouled him six times (two by Samardo Samuels, two by Ryan Hollins) and Howard still managed 12 points and nine rebounds in the quarter.
* The Cavs are shooting 23 percent from the floor and they've missed all five of their 3-pointers.
* The Magic scored 21 of the final 25 points in the quarter to take full command of this game early.
* As a side note, Browns cornerback Joe Haden is sitting courtside in full uniform -- a Cavs uniform. Haden is wearing a Cavs jersey, shorts, socks and headband. It's kind of cool, but fairly disturbing.