Halftime: Nuggets 70, Cavaliers 50
* The Nuggets' firepower took over in the second quarter. They have 16 second-chance points and 32 points in the paint to take a commanding lead.
* The longer Christian Eyenga is on the floor, the more often he comes up with a play or two that makes you notice him. He's already had a couple of nifty baskets on offense and big blocks defensively.
* The same goes for J.J. Hickson. He already has 12 points and seven rebounds, including four offensive rebounds. But Antawn Jamison is 2 of 9 from the floor and Daniel Gibson is 3 of 8.
End 1Q: Nuggets 31, Cavs 24
* Daniel Gibson hit a couple of 3-pointers in the quarter, including a nifty baseline 3 after he caught Chauncey Billups napping and plucked the ball away when Billups wasn't looking.
* The Cavs fell behind 11-2 early and looked like they were going to be run out of the arena again, but did well to fight back and make it competitive.
* Arron Afflalo has 11 points for the Nuggets, including three 3-pointers.