End 3Q: Nuggets 105, Cavs 70
Cavs leaders: Antawn Jamison 17 pts, 7 rebs; J.J. Hickson 11 pts, 9 rebs; Manny Harris 11 pts, 5 rebs
Nuggets leaders: Nene 22 pts, 7 rebs, Chauncey Billups 21 pts, 8 assists, Aaron Afflalo 17 pts, Carmelo Anthony 12 points
* Not much left to say. The Nuggets seem to be calling off the dogs. Their work here is done.
* The more important news is that Mo Williams won't return. Whether that's because of the injury or because the game is out of hand won't be known until we get down to the locker room. I know a lot of fans have been ripping Williams this season, but I have to believe he is really, really hurt. It's the only real explanation for why his numbers are so down this season.
Half: Nuggets 80, Cavs 49
Cavs leaders: Antawn Jamison 13 points (5-15 shooting); J.J. Hickson nine points, six rebounds
Nuggets leaders: Chauncey Billups 16 points, seven assists, Nene 14 points, Arron Afflalo 12 points
* Around these parts, when it rains, tornados and hurricanes strike, the floodwaters rise and the locusts begin to swarm. Mo Williams was taken to the locker room with a hip flexor injury. Williams just said yesterday how badly he is hurting, and if it weren't for all the other injuries on the team, he would be sitting out. Perhaps Williams has hit his breaking point.
* The 80 points allowed are the most the Cavs have allowed in a half this season. The previous high was 73 at Minnesota on Dec. 4.
* The Cavs are getting beat in transition, they're leaving shooters open in the corners. They look dejected and defeated. Of course, down 31, it's easy to see why.
* The Nuggets scored on 11 consecutive possessions during one stretch of the second quarter.
End 1Q: Nuggets 34, Cavs 22
Cavs leaders: J.J. Hickson six points, Antawn Jamison five points, Manny Harris five points
Nuggets leaders: Chauncey Billups 13 points
* Ryan Hollins left the team to return to Los Angeles for a death in the family, leaving the Cavs with just eight available bodies tonight. A family member was ill, incidentally, and Hollins began making arrangements with the team while they practiced this week at UCLA.
* This has been a long and fairly unproductive trip for the Cavs, making tonight's game dangerous. Byron Scott said he'd warn his players about losing focus and to try and finish the trip strong. If they stay focused and give effort, he said, the plane ride home will be a little easier regardless of the outcome.
* That said, the Cavs are getting destroyed again defensively. The Nuggets shot 62 percent in the quarter and made 4 of 5 3-pointers.
* The Denver cheerleaders throw three t-shirts into the crowd every time a Nuggets player hits a 3-pointer. At the rate the Cavs allow 3-pointers, they might run out of t-shirts tonight.