End 3Q: Pacers 84, Cavs 74
* The Cavs did a much better job in the third quarter of attacking the middle of the Pacers defense and getting inside. Mo Williams started it with dribble penetration and J.J. Hickson had some clear paths to the basket.
* That said, the Cavs have given up consecutive quarters of 30-plus points again. That first quarter defensive effort was short lived.
* Now Hickson has five fouls and Anderson Varejao has four, so they could run into real problems in the post in the fourth quarter.
* Daniel Gibson is 0 for 5 from the floor, a big reason why the Cavs are struggling to score. He needs to hit a couple of 3s if the Cavs are going to climb back in this.
Half: Pacers 53, Cavs 48
* The Cavs were outscored 8-1 in the final 1:02 of the second quarter. It's the same problem they had Wednesday, when the Heat got a couple of quick baskets in the final 40 seconds to sap some of the momentum from what had been a very good first half.
* Defense isn't really the problem tonight, the offense is. The ball is "sticking" again as Byron Scott and the players like to say. There isn't quite enough motion and ball movement. The Cavs already have nine turnovers as well, although the Pacers haven't been much better with eight.
* Anthony Parker has it going on 3s. He's 4 of 4 thus far for a team-high 15 points. Indiana's Danny Granger had been struggling and battling a sore ankle, but he sure looks healthy tonight. Granger has 15 points on 7 of 13 shooting.
End 1Q: Cavs 23, Pacers 19
* Another pretty good defensive quarter for the Cavs, who suddenly seem to be defending the pick-and-roll the way Byron Scott wants it done. The Cavs haven't allowed an opponent to score 30 points in a quarter for seven straight quarters. Sadly, that just might be their longest streak of the season.
* Daniel Gibson missed all three of his attempts, but Mo Williams is 3 for 4 after a tough shooting night against the Heat. Cavs offense is still a work in progress, but at least the defense is coming.
* As expected, Jawad Williams and not Jamario Moon came it to play small forward. Just because Moon is active tonight, there isn't much of a chance he plays. Same goes for Samardo Samuels.
* Cavs are playing well, but the Pacers aren't playing nearly to the level they were the last time the Cavs where here. Pacers are missing some open looks and they've had some silly turnovers.
- 2013 (148)
- 2012 (345)
- 2011 (275)
- 2010 (471)
- 2009 (188)
- 2008 (125)
- 2007 (164)
- 2006 (83)
- 2005 (24)