End 3Q: Pistons 81, Cavs 70
* Not sure how this happens. Cavs played really well for the first half of the third quarter, cut deficit down to three. Yet at the end of the quarter, it's right back up to 11.
* After a miserable first half, Antawn Jamison was terrific in the quarter: 6 of 7 for 14 points. Doesn't matter. Cavs couldn't cut into the deficit.
* Pistons now with 14 offensive rebounds and 42 points in the point. And the meter is still running.
* J.J. Hickson quietly has 13 points and 11 rebounds and Sessions had seven assists in the quarter. He now has 14 points and nine assists.
Half: Pistons 55, Cavs 43
* The Pistons have 30 points in the paint, they didn't turn the ball over at all in the quarter and they're killing the Cavs on the boards, 23-16.
* Why is this so troubling? Two of Byron Scott's biggest keys going into the game was keeping the Pistons off the glass and out of the paint. Woops.
* Rodney Stuckey, who collapsed on the court here last year, has 17 points off the bench in his second game back from a shoulder injury.
* Ramon Sessions leads the Cavs with 14 points, but he has just two assists. Antawn Jamison is 1 of 7 from the floor.
End 1Q: Pistons 25, Cavs 16
* Bad, bad basketball.
* The Pistons closed the quarter on a 13-2 run to take control early. Antawn Jamison's shooting woes are continuing (1 of 6), although he does have four rebounds.
* The Cavs have already given up six offensive rebounds, which is about what they should surrender for a game. One of the keys for Scott prior to the game was to keep the Pistons out of the paint -- they've got 16 points in the paint.